Nesco 4818-47 18 qt. Roaster Oven - Silver finish
This is the Nesco Roaster that everyone remembers. It's the one that Grandma had at home to cook the turkey at Thanksgiving. It’s also one of the most versatile cooking appliances available. It has all the outstanding features of our legendary 18-Quart standard model, at a price customers find hard to resist. For many, it's the primary kitchen oven. For others, a second oven for the family room, porch, or cabin. It's portable, so you can take it along for family outings. This unit is ideal for large meals and entertaining in the home. Roast a whole turkey, up to 22 pounds, pot roast, pork roast, ham, or whole chickens. Bake cookies, cakes, pies, quiche, even whole meals! Cook soups, stews, lasagna, and hot dishes. Make enough chili for the whole gang! Steam/poach vegetables, seafood, and poultry. Slow cooks less tender cuts of meat, too.Nesco 4818-47 18 qt. Roaster Oven - Silver finish Features
Now you are ready to discover more ways to make meals that are both healthful and delicious. And, you are ready to experience first-hand the convenience and versatility of this compact portable electric cooking appliance.
Nesco Roaster Ovens have a long tradition in family home cooking, starting in the 1930s. Yet, very few cooking appliances can demonstrate that they are as up-to-date and useful today as they were in the past. Nesco Roaster Ovens have truly kept pace with cooking styles, preferences, occasions and family sizes.
In a short time, you will see the many ways to use your Roaster Oven. Its portability makes it a moveable main cooking appliance at some times, and a valued supplementary appliance at other times. Use it a home on your countertop in your kitchen (no more kitchen heat!) or in a covered patio, basement or garage or away from home in a cabin, RV or boat. Where you use your Roaster Oven, you can prepare a wide range of favorite foods in different ways - baked, slow-coked, roasted, steamed or poached. And serve your foods buffet style or at table-side, right in the Roaster Oven. Moist, good-tasting foods are yours because of Nesco's exclusive "Circle of Heat" construction. You'll taste the difference the first time you use your Roaster Oven. So, start cooking with Nesco. Explore all the ways to get the most out of this special home cooking appliance.
HOW TO USE AND CARE FOR YOUR ROASTER OVEN
1. Unpack your Nesco Roaster Oven completely and remove all packaging material and information labels. Place the Roaster Oven in a well ventilated area on a heat resistant surface. Set the control dial to its minimum setting. Plug the cord into a 120 volt AC outlet. Return control to maximum setting (450-degrees F). Operate the Roaster Oven empty (without the cookwell or cover) for approximately 60 minutes, or until any odor or smoking disappears. Some smoke and odor are a normal part of "curing" the element and will not reoccur in cooking use. When curing is completed, turn the temperature control to its lowest setting, unplug the unit from the electrical outlet and allow to cool.
2. Wash the cover, cookwell and rack in warm sudsy water, then rinse and dry. Refer to complete cleaning instructions in manual.
3. Non-stick cookwell: When 'curing' your Roaster Oven with a non-stick cookwell, we recommend that it be operated with cover and cookwell. Do this in a covered outside area or other well-ventilated area. After curing and cleaning, and before cooking in your non-stick cookwell for the first time, lightly coat the interior of the cookwell with vegetable oil.
Preheat roaster oven for 20 minutes.
Roasting meat in your Nesco Roaster Oven keeps it moist and tender.
For additional browning, you can add 1 tbsp. browning sauce to oil and brush over skin before roasting.
To sear meat, preheat Roaster Oven at 450-degrees F. Add margarine. Cover, then sear meat for 10 to 15 minutes per side until lightly browned. Stir ground meat once. Time will vary depending on the quantity of meat. Alternative browning method for self-basting turkeys, preheat at 400-degrees F for 20 minutes. Roast bird for 1 hour at 400-degrees F. Reduce heat to 350-degrees using included time chart, 13-18 minutes per pound. During last hour of roasting increase temperature to 400-degrees and remove all excess juices in bottom of cookwell.
- Exclusive "circle of heat" heating element
- Removable porcelain cookwell
- Adjustable thermostat
- Metal lid; self basting cover helps maintain moisture
- 18-quart capacity